- Course Objective
This STARS Moodle Training course will provide an overview of what it takes to be successful as an Client Services and Operations STAR at Manhattan College.
A variety of issues & best practices for dealing with issues will be introduced.
Opportunities & links to get more in depth knowledge of a topic at a later date.
By the conclusion of this course, STARS will be able to:
- Determine where they can go to access information they need to perform their job.
- Integrate technology, into problem solving.
- Evaluate the best course of action to follow when tackling challenges.
Greeting from Virtual Trainer:
- Resources and Links
- CS&O STARS Prezi Orientation
- Section 1 - Policies & Procedures
- Section 2 - TeamDynamix Best Practices
Select the best answer to the following scenario:
Whenever working on a project or ticket, ensure you leave sufficient time as your shift ends to completely update all your work on a ticket.
- Section 3 - Cables found on Podiums
- Section 4 - Podium Guides
- Section 4 cont. - Kramer VIA GO Wireless Presentation Device
The Kramer VIA GO is a wireless presentation solution at Manhattan College. This system can support wireless presentation for Windows and Mac devices.
- Section 5 - Basic Computer Setup
- Section 6 - Moodle
As a STAR, you will often be asked to help a professor or student on various topics regarding the Moodle Learning Management System. Various requests may be how to access courses, why they do not appear, seeing if a course is visible, log in issues, etc.
- Section 7 - Common Classroom, Conference & Computer Lab Troubleshooting Issues
- Section 8 - Workaround Procedure
- Section 9 - LinksprinterThis topic
A Linksprinter Network Tester is a small, easily transportable device to troubleshoot and identify network connectivity quickly
It does tests the following important:
Link to the switch
- Section 10 - Operations Room Check Checklist
The Saturday Ops team spend the day providing proactive support. This entails visiting each classroom on campus and performing room checks:
This serves as a guideline for a routine to follow when performing electronic room checks. Room checks are logged electronically using the Inventory tab in Self Service. Attached KBA outlines instructions to follow for this procecure.
After the above procedure is performed, before leaving the room you must submit an electronic room check in Self Service, which is outlined in the link found below.
To see if a room is available, please see this movie on how to use 25Live. 25Live is a great tool that allows you to view the availability of a room. If a room is booked in 25Live, you will not be able to perform a room check for that room.
- Streaming Options - Padcaster